12 Eye-opening Stats About SEO in 2021
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the process or strategy that helps your website to rank higher on the search engine results page and create more traffic to the website. It involves suggesting website design ideas and improving quality content to make certain changes to your website. SEO is one of the practices that are important for the business to be stand out and having chosen by customers over other competitors in search engines. You can able to make your website the top result on the search engine results page by doing so. Here are some of the eye-opening stats about SEO in 2021
- 15% of daily searches are new to Google:There are more than 100 billion queries on Google every month and still, 15% of those queries submitted are never seen by Google before. Google sees trillions of searches every year and responds to all queries within microseconds. However, for those 15% queries the search engines takes a longer time to process and find the relevant answer as the searches are new and not seen by Google and its algorithms before. Google’s knowledge graph or Search methods do not seem to be any improvement since 2013 and it still has its limitations.
- Google’s search algorithm uses more than 200 factors to rank websites:To rank higher on the search engine result page, there are more than 200 factors are considered by Google’s search algorithm. It is always a challenge to keep ahead of the latest SEO factors with the rapid pace of updates in algorithms. Some of the factors that influence the rankings like responsive design, page speed, internal and external links, domain age, on-page optimization, a secure and accessible website, long and informative content, knowing search intents, using relevant keywords, avoid keyword stuffing, technical SEO, mobile-friendliness and many more. It is hard to follow all the factors the above given are some of the most important SEO ranking factors.
- On-page content development is still the most effective SEO tactic:Google starts to pay a lot of attention to the on-page experience, while others still spend a lot of time mainly focussing only on keyword optimization, backlinks, and mobile experience. The On-page content development is responsible for improving the rankings of your site by optimizing the Meta discretion, suitable keywords, and title tags. On-page SEO helps to make suggestions on optimizing the quality of the website like structure and quality of the content, page performance, and more to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page content development is still one of the most effective SEO strategies.
- 55.24% of pages still don’t have a single backlink:The internal and external links on the page are considered as a sign of a genuine and healthy website by search engines. The internal links on the post are the backlinks that direct to other pages on the same website. The external links are also called outbound links direct users on your website to other sites. The backlinks are one of the most important ranking factors for your website. The website that has more backlinks will always rank higher than the sites without a backlink. There are 55.24% of pages that don’t even have a single backlink. The sites that are ranked higher on Google’s search engine result page have 3.8 times more backlinks than those ranks below.
- The top four ranking factors are direct website visits, time on site, pages per session, and bounce rate:The direct website visit is one of the most influential factors for your website to rank higher. The time spent by the user on a page or a site is constantly monitored by the search engines. The time spent by the user on the website and the number of pages browsed and visited is calculated by search engines that influence your ranking. The bounce factor is one of the factors that decide the user experience while visiting the site. This is one of the most important ranking factors in SEO and it cannot be ignored. Even if some sites in the top search results for a long period but fail to attract users, then the search rankings are found to suffer from time.
- 55% of all worldwide online traffic came from mobile, 42% from desktop:It is calculated that more than half of the website traffic came from mobile phones. The affordability and convenience of mobile phones make everyone use them for all online services. Most of the businesses and sales are now occurring over mobile phones online than compared to the desktop or laptop. Most people use mobile phones to read news, watch videos, use social media networking, purchase from e-commerce websites and many other purposes. There is the latest stat that shows 55% of the people worldwide using mobiles, 42% of the people are making use of desktop and 3% people using tablets over online traffic.
- By 2025, nearly 72% of internet users are requested to access the internet only through mobile devices:It is expected that most people around the world will use their mobile phones to access the internet by 2025. Almost three-quarters of the world 72% of internet users’ nearly 3.7 billion people will use their mobile phones solely to access the web. This shows the importance of selling products via mobile phones and is a great opportunity for businesses. There are many mediums like desktop, laptop, tablets, mobile phones, and even television and radio are contributing to digital marketing among all mobile phones are the most effective medium to reach the audience.
- ” Where to buy” + “near me” mobile queries have grown by over 200% in the past two years and are expected to continue in future as well:In the past two years, it is calculated that ‘where to buy’ + ‘near me’ queries over mobile phones are grown by 200% and is expected to continue more in future as well. A local SEO is a search that occurs when a query enters by a person with local intent. Some of the examples like ‘Salon near me’, ‘Best restaurant in Delhi’, ‘where to buy hair trimmer’ or also if their geolocation available to Google. Link building, on-page optimizations, and content are parts of these efforts that focus mainly on localized intent. There is a stat that more than 50% of people went to a physical store within one day who did a local search over the phone.
- Optimizing the old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by as much as 106%:Most of the old and best evergreen blog posts also need some update over time. It may be hard to produce new content and get rankings for every content. But the already written and published old content is easy to update with relevant images and it may take less time. The old content with new keywords, terms and images are updated using the current scenarios will make it fresh. The evergreen contents are already having good traffic with further updates on the blog posts with new content and images will help to improve the ranking in search results and boost the organic traffic more by as much as 106%
- High-quality content and link building are the two most important tools to rank your website for the search:High-quality content helps to attract more audience to your site. The blog with related and evergreen content with keywords helps to rank higher on the search engine results page. It is important for your business to drive more traffic and more sales. The blogs that have more links will always rank higher. The valuable content is able to generate a large amount of traffic, sales, and leads to your website. It is important to post content that has all the essential information that the users want to know. The credibility of the content adds a brand reputation which brings in more organic traffic. High-quality content and link building are the two most important tools to rank your website for search.
- Nearly 70% of search queries contain four words or more:Most people using the internet are seeking out phrases that are four words or more and they are not searching with one or two words. You have to understand the search intent of the user and your content should reflect this. The search queries with four words or more are called long-tailed keywords. Always consider placing the relevant long-tail keyword in your content as 69.7% of search queries are having four words or more.
- Long-tail keyword searches have a click-through rate 3% to 5% higher than generic searches:How does using long-tail keywords look like in your content? It’s like the difference between ‘Digital marketing’ and ‘Digital marketing strategies’ and ‘Digital marketing strategies for 2021’. You can see how those last searches are different. There is unique intent in each search and the user expects more specific, different and most updated content as the keyword gets longer. Compared to generic searches long-tail keyword searches have a click-through rate of 3% to 5% higher.
These are some of the eye-opening stats about SEO in 2021.